Unthdx X Cakesterr Interview
What are some things about yourself that nobody really knows about you? Talents ? Hobbies? Etc..
- some people may not know that I rapped for a few years in the Myspace days and that was partly how I became who I am now . I also play basketball when I get the chance . I like to shoot guns and do a lot of outdoorsy stuff . I guess you can say I’m kind of a tomboy haha
When did you realize you wanted to be a model and what obstacles have you come across throughout the years ?
- I realized it after I graduated high school in ‘09 . I had my first photoshoot around then and it wasn’t anything serious, I didn’t really know what to do . But after that I was hooked and I’ve always loved being in front of the camera . So like a year or so after that I got into it more and had my first “big deal” photoshoot that blew up on the net and is still circulating (the picture of me hanging from the basketball rim) . The only big obstacle to name is when I went to LA twice last year, bc I want to move out there, I wanted to get a feel for it and see if I could make some connections in the modeling industry and it’s a hell of a lot harder than you think . It’s all about who you know
We all know you as the famous “Cakesterr”.. Where did the name come from?
- the name came from a homegirl of mine, back in the Myspace days . She used to call herself cakeaholic or something like that and I don’t know, one day she just threw out the word “cakesterr” at me and I ran with it and pretty much put my own definition behind it . It’s my alter ego basically
For the people who never met you name some of the things you do on the Orlando scene .
- I host club events, I’m known as the A&R or “the plug” for the TSA Showcases downtown, I’ve walked in a few fashion shows, I promote artists, events, and clothing brands . I’ve done a bunch of music videos with local artists . I’m kind of a socialite .
What are your future goals and ambitions and where do you see yourself in the next 3-5 years ?
- ideally I’d like to be established in the modeling world . I’d also like to have a background in acting so that I can do commercials and eventually shows and movies . I’m trying to get out of Orlando . But if that’s not what is in my life plan, I just want to have a good paying job that I enjoy and I still want to be able to do some modeling on the side or as a hobby .
Who are some models,music artist,or influences that inspire you?
- I don’t really look up to a lot of people I guess bc nowadays there aren’t very good role models haha . But I can say that I was in love with Aaliyah when she was alive and I always thought I was a lot like her bc we’re both kind of tomboys but still carry ourselves as strong, beautiful women . But other than that, I’m inspired by people that I know or grew up with that are doing well for themselves . People that are motivated and are working to get where they want to be . I feed off of other people’s motivation I guess
Living in Orlando do you think the city has potential to be something big?
- I think it definitely does and that’s why I’m a part of TSA Showcases and I’m honored to play a special role with them because they are really trying to bring the city together through music, art, poetry, and all of that . I think music influences people in a major way and if we can come together through music, we can do something positive . There are a lot of talented people in Orlando but I feel like not everyone works as hard as they should bc they get content with just being “local” . And if they do work hard, I feel like the right people aren’t taking notice . It’ll happen over time
- a frequently asked question I get is about my race . For those wondering, I’m 75% white and 25% Vietnamese
- I’m a part of an upcoming modeling group/agency called Grand Models and I believe it’s going to be pretty big and I’m honored to be one of the first few girls
- I’m (partly) an only child, and I’m a Taurus . So if you know anything about either one of those types of people, it’s me 100% haha.